Thursday 27 October 2011

A board for Song of Blades and Heroes

Have spent two evenings in creating a simple board for the miniature wargame Song of Blades and Heroes. Went amok with my water color on a large white paper, and created an abstract painting that could resemble (with quite a bit of imagination) some kind of grassy nature area. I attached the painting onto a piece of cardboard and then covered it all in transparent film (normally used for protecting books).

I made the board 60x60 cm, so that it is suiteable for 15 mm miniatures.

Speaking of miniatures... I have no 15 mm miniatures... To start with, I will just use small wooden markers or similar, to test the rule system. Then I will buy a few warbands from either Pendraken Miniatures or Magister Militum.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, that's a great looking board! I especially like the logo in the corner, that's a nice touch. I think you'll find SBH to be a very enjoyable game that plays fast, is easy to learn, and has lots of options. We play it too infrequently around here.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, the board is okay, it will be playable at least, and that is good enough for now! Maybe I'll make something more nice and professional looking later.

    Yes, SBH certainly appeals me. I hope to get a chance to play it this weekend.

    ReplyDelete