Sunday 23 October 2011

Song of Blades and Heroes

Bought Song of Blades and Heroes today - a set of rules for fantasy skirmish miniature wargaming. About 35 pages of easy-to-learn rules to be used with any kind of miniatures, e.g. paper miniatures, Lego figures etc. Will download or draw paper miniatures for a few races and try this out.

Need to try this on my own first, maybe develop a simple set of solitaire rules, so it will be easier to play on my own. Then try this with my gaming friends.

I have a half-painted Warhammer Fantasy Battle Chaos army deeply buried somewhere on the attic. I love the game, but I hate to paint. Or actually, I like to paint those miniatures, but I cannot spend the required time in doing so. Pity of course, since I really want to play the game, or at least some kind of miniature wargame. So that is why I started to look around for an alternative to Warhammer, and found Song of Blades and Heroes. Simple, quick and cheap!

3 comments:

  1. I love this game, the supplements for it are worth looking into down the road as well. Part of the fun is making warbands for it because it requires a very small amount of figures and you can create various themed bands. The rules also seem very conducive to linked mini-campaigns.

    Here's a bunch of SBH material to peruse:
    http://miksminis.blogspot.com/search/label/SBH

    ReplyDelete
  2. I will most likely look into the supplements for SBH in a while. Many of them look very interesting.

    I'm actually following your blog since a few days back, and I've read through all your SBH related posts already! =)

    I really like the post with your daughter playing SBH! I have two daughters, were the oldest one is five and a half years. A little bit early to start with SBH I guess, but I have introduced her into the world of RPGs at least. I have ran a few sessions of Kids Dungeon Adventure (http://kidsdungeonadventure.com/) with her, and those sessions have been big successes! =)

    ReplyDelete